While buying a flat from a builder in a building under construction, check the following:
- The builder has approval on the building plan along with the number of floors
- and approval on the floor, on which your flat is
situated. • Verify the documents for the ownership of the construction site.
In case, the
- builder is not the owner verify the written agreement with the landlord, and
- check the title of the land ownership with the help of an advocate.
- Check the building bylaws as applicable in that area, and ensure that the
- builder is doing the construction without any violation of front setback, side • setbacks, height etc.
- Check specifications given in the agreement to sell off the Sale Brochure.
• Check the reputation of the builder.